This summer, I’ve gotten really into making my own iced tea - take that, Starbucks! To me, this is a perfect summer drink. The green tea is super refreshing (not to mention full of antioxidants), and the raspberry syrup gives a subtle fruit flavour.
Now, if you want to be a proper Southern woman which I am not but secretly want to be, you must always make a simple syrup when making iced tea. Nothing is worse than drinking iced tea with grainy sugar. I like to drink my iced tea, thanks - not chew it. That being said, this recipe is a great base to let your iced tea creative juices flow! Any sort of tea can be used, as well as whatever fruit is tickling your fancy (that sounds gross). Enjoy!
Raspberry Green Iced Tea
2 green tea bags
10 oz freshly boiled water
1 tbsp raspberry syrup (recipe below)
To make the raspberry syrup, simmer 1/2 cup of water, 1/2 cup of sugar, and 1/4 cup of fresh raspberries over medium-high heat until the sugar is dissolved, about 3-5 minutes. Let cool and discard the raspberries. Store unused syrup in the fridge for future use.
Pour the hot water over the tea bags and steep for at least 5 minutes. Pour 1 tablespoon of the raspberry syrup into a tall glass and fill with ice. Pour the tea over the ice. Stir and enjoy!
- mysexyflaws reblogged this from keepingupwiththevezinas
- hansaysha reblogged this from ujeon
- ujeon reblogged this from fuckyeahmatcha
- cassianeaves reblogged this from fuckyeahmatcha
- cassianeaves likes this
- caterpillar-danceparty likes this
- fawkesylady reblogged this from keepingupwiththevezinas
- christina-mariaa likes this
- androgynedream reblogged this from fuckyeahmatcha
- michelleamy likes this
- eugeanio likes this
- onigirizen likes this
- fufufujanai likes this
- ujeon likes this
- -megan likes this
- we-need-to-be-alone likes this
- staringatsuns likes this
- transientlarva likes this
- fuckyeahmatcha reblogged this from keepingupwiththevezinas
- starlessartemis reblogged this from keepingupwiththevezinas
- keepingupwiththevezinas posted this